A 12-Minute, Full-Body Resistance Band Workout That Hits All Your Major Muscles
Are you looking to incorporate a full-body workout into your routine without the need for any equipment or gym membership? Look no further than this 12-minute, full-body resistance band workout that is perfect to do at home! This routine will ensures that you hit all your major muscle groups and will leave you feeling great!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Resistance Band
- Yoga/Exercise Mat
- Squats: Begin standing with the resistance band held over the shoulders and arms forming a loop, and the hands hanging at the elbows. With your feet spread slightly wider than the shoulders, and toes pointed slightly outward, proceed to squat down as low as possible while bringing the arms in and keeping them parallel to the ground. Push yourself back up to the starting position. 10 Reps.
- Chest Press: Lie on the ground holding the resistance band with the arms at a 90-degree angle and the hands slightly less than shoulder width apart. Push the resistance band away from you, making sure to keep the arms straight throughout, and then slowly pull the band back to the starting position before repeating. 10 Reps.
- Bicep Curls: Begin standing with the resistance band held taut in the hand with the arms straight down in front of the body. Slowly curl the hands up to the shoulders, making sure to keep the elbows close to the body and the palms facing up. Slowly lower the arms down before repeating. 10 Reps.
- Tricep Kickbacks: Begin in a lunge position with the feet separated and the hands holding the resistance band with the arms at a 90-degree angle and the hands slightly less than shoulder width apart. Lean forward slightly and then kick your arms backward in a straight line, keeping your elbows close to your sides. Bring the arms back to the starting position before repeating. 10 Reps.
- Lat Pulldowns: Stand with one foot on the resistance band and the hands at shoulder width. In one motion, pull the hands down to the sides of your body while keeping them at shoulder width and your elbows close to your body. Slowly release the hands back up to the starting position before repeating. 10 Reps.
- Shoulder Press: Stand with feet shoulder width apart with the resistance band held just above the shoulders with the hands slightly wider than shoulder width. Press the arms straight up and over your head before slowly bringing the arms back to the starting position. 10 Reps.
It’s important to make sure you are doing this routine slowly and accurately, so you can make the most of it and get the best results. After completing the circuit, rest for two minutes before repeating for a total of three rounds.
Not only is this a great way to get a full-body workout with minimal equipment but it can also be easily adapted to increase the intensity and challenge yourself further. Try increasing the number of reps or sets you do or using a higher resistance band and integrating other exercises into this circuit. Get creative!
This 12-minute full-body resistance band workout is the perfect way to get moving and stay fit, without the need for a gym or any other equipment. You can even do it right in the comfort of your own home! So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and give it a try!