Doing This For 20 Minutes a Day Can Transform Your Health
When it comes to having a healthy body and mind, making a few small changes in our lifestyle can make all the difference. Changes such as exercising regularly, eating a nutritious, balanced diet, and getting enough sleep are fundamental for staying fit and healthy.
One particular practice, however, that can be particularly transformative and regularly incorporated with our other health-promoting habits, is meditation.
The Benefits of Meditation
Meditation can have a profound effect on our wellbeing and overall health. Many studies have found that a regular practice of 20 minutes a day can lead to significant improvements in physical and psychological health.
• Improved Stress Management: Promotes relaxation and improves our stress management.
• Mental Health: Improves mood and reduces depression, anxiety and anger.
• Increased Concentration: Enhances focus and boosts creativity.
• Improved Memory: Research has shown that regular meditation can improve both the working and long-term memories.
• Improved Health: Helps reduce blood pressure, improve cardiovascular function and helps to reduce inflammation.
Getting Started With Meditation
Meditation may seem intimidating and time-consuming, but getting started is actually quite easy. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
• Pick a time: Decide on a time in your day that you can dedicate solely to meditating.
• Pick a spot: Choose a quiet spot in your home where you can sit comfortably.
• Get comfortable: Sit in an upright posture. You can sit on a chair, on the floor or even on your bed.
• Use an app: There are lots of meditation apps out there which can guide you through your practice.
• Close your eyes: Let your eyes rest lightly and peacefully closed.
• Focus: focus on either your breathing or a single mantra or phrase.
• Release any thoughts: If a thought arises, don’t judge it, simply recognize it and let it go.
Committing to just 20 minutes a day of meditation can have a transformative effect on our overall health and wellbeing. Not only does it help manage stress better and increase concentration, but research has also shown that it can help reduce physical symptoms such as high blood pressure, improve cardiovascular function and reduce inflammation.
So, make a habit of meditating regularly and you will soon start to reap the benefits!