Pumpkin Almond Biscotti
Rather than compliment the pumpkin base with the classic spice pairing these biscotti offset the autumnal flavor with an almond meal and a chocolate drizzle.
Author: Pallavi Gupta
Recipe Type: Baking
Serves: 24 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup almond meal (ground almond)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate, for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a bowl mix together flour and baking powder, keep aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar till the mixture turns pale. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add pumpkin puree & vanilla and stir till its mixed well into the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
- Mix in the almond meal.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix with a spatula till it comes together as a sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and using your hands form it into a ball.
- Divide the ball into two equal parts and transfer it onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Keep them at least 4 inches apart. Shape each dough into a 6-inch log shape, and flatten the top with your hand.
- Bake the logs for 20 to 25 minutes, check if it’s cooked completely by inserting a toothpick in the center (it should come out clean).
- The logs will crack slightly on their surface – it’s okay. Let the logs cool completely on a rack.
- Cut each loaf into ½ inch slice and bake again (on the same baking sheet) for 10 minutes turning the baking sheet midway.
- Cool the biscotti completely before adding the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave – you want it in a runny consistency.
- Drizzle some chocolate using a spoon over the cooled biscotti. Add as much or as less as you want. Let the chocolate set on the biscotti before serving.