Pilot Travel Centers
Pilot Travel Centers is a chain of truck stops. You can find them on the East and West Coast, as well as in parts of Canada. They’re great places to stop because they have amenities like showers and laundry facilities, but that’s not why I really like them. Here are some reasons why I love Pilot Travel Centers:
On the West Coast, there are lots of truck stops.
On the West Coast, there are lots of truck stops when you travel. They’re easy to find; just look for a big truck parked in front of a building with a lot of signs on it (and usually a functioning gas station).
On the East Coast, there are also lots of truck stops. They’re easy to find; just look for a big truck parked in front of a building with a lot of signs on it (and usually an EZ Mart inside).
In the middle section of our country (the middle part), there are also lots of truck stops. They’re easy to find; just look for two gas pumps and an old guy standing beside them drinking coffee from one cup while he waits for his wife who’s shopping inside Walmart next door.
Travel all over America—in every state and county—you can see these great icons: Pilot Travel Centers! And I’m not talking about those little roadside things you see when you’re coming into Kansas City or something like that—I’m talking about those big ones where you can fill up all your vehicles at once!
So you think, Pilot Travel Centers “That’s great I can get fuel anywhere.”
You can get fuel any place, but you can’t get everything else that Pilot Travel Centers offers at every location.
- Snacks and drinks: Pilot’s Travel stores have a large selection of snacks and drinks for all kinds of tastes. Whether you are looking for sugary treats or salty snacks, Pilot has what you need to satisfy your appetite on the road. I love their ice cream sandwiches! They also have fresh fruit juices, coffee, and teas. If you want something more substantial than a snack but still don’t want to stop at another restaurant, they offer hot dogs, burgers, and chicken tenders that are perfect in between meals when traveling long distances.
- Food: If you’re looking for a meal away from home while on the road then this is where they shine! There are several choices available including pizza shops with gourmet toppings such as vegan cheese or jalapenos; steak houses serving up sirloin steaks; delis with roast beef subs made fresh daily; Mexican restaurants serving up tacos de carne asada or tamales; bakeries offering homemade pies (the Apple Pie made by my local store was amazing!) And don’t forget about dessert… cookies cakes brownies etc… You name it they’ve got it! Now let’s talk breakfast: bacon egg & cheese bagel sandwich? Check! Ham & Cheese omelet wrap? Check! Egg white omelet with low-carb veggies? Checkmate!! And don’t worry if
110 Volts of power and has a 50 amp plug for big rigs to use.
When you plan to travel remember to take with you 110 Volts of power and a 50 amp plug for big rigs to use. This is a great place to grab something healthy like apples or fruits, sandwiches, snacks, and all kinds of drinks.
This is a GREAT place for your trucker to grab something “healthy” like apples or fruits, sandwiches, snacks, and all kinds of drinks.
Pilot Travel Centers is a great place for your trucker to grab something “healthy” like apples or fruits, sandwiches, snacks, and all kinds of drinks. The prices are good too!
The stores are clean and the service is top-notch. For example, on my last visits, there was a guy who was being super nice to me in the parking lot as I was unloading my car from the back of my truck. He noticed that I had a flat tire so he offered his help by putting air into it while I went inside with the kids.
When we came back out he had even changed it for me! That’s just one example of how amazing these employees are at Pilot Travel Centers locations across America; they really care about their customers (the drivers) and will do whatever they can to make sure we have what we need when we visit their stores
Takeaway on Pilot Travel Centers
- Pilot Travel Centers are convenient and well-stocked.
- They have great food, a clean restroom, and a comfortable place to sleep (if you’re traveling without your own vehicle).
- If you need gas or want some food while on the road, these are good places to stop!
The pilot has become a huge part of my life when we travel. I can’t imagine how I would have made it through those early years without them. They helped me get through college and gave me a job when there were no jobs available anywhere else. Now that I am retired, I still love going to Pilot because they treat their employees with respect and kindness—they truly care about us!